Thursday, June 11, 2015

Everything Old is New Again

Well, I had indicated that I reserved the right to post again and I am reluctantly exercising that right. I wish I wasn't as there was an incident that happened that drove me to write another post.

First off, let me remind everyone that my wife is about 7 months pregnant.  Everything is going well with the pregnancy, but lets be honest.  Even though this is a happy and welcome pregnancy, this does not mean that there isn't a lot of stress and tension.  I realize my wife is the one who is physically being affected by all this, but I think it is unfair to the fathers to completely dismiss the emotional strain a pregnancy puts on them.  I know it is easy for a father to walk away and emotionally distance himself if we wanted to, but for a caring husband and responsible father, there is a lot of stress on us too.  I am constantly worried about my wife's health and the health of our baby, finances, logistics, etc.  And there is a frenzy of activity and planning, discussions about the birthing experience, breastfeeding, family leave, car seats, cribs, high chairs, finding a pediatrician, the list seems almost endless.  And everyone has an opinion on what is right and they are not reluctant to share their opinions with us.  I am telling you, given all this its no wonder the species can reproduce at all.  

So that said, my wife and I had a fight.  I am not going to discuss what started it, what it was about, who was right or who was wrong.  In my opinion, we were both right and we were both wrong.  First off, I never touched her.  This was a shouting match only, but I did storm out of the house and drove away to cool off.  I did not return until later that evening, having missed a Lamaze class that we were supposed to attend that evening.   Having cooled off and calmed down, I figured I was ready to try to have a rational discussion with her and hopefully she had also calmed down and was ready to talk again. 

When I entered the house, my mother was sitting on the couch.  I was a bit surprised, but greeted her and asked her why she was here. 

"Well, I got a call from your wife wanting to know if you were at my house.  She was worried about you in spite of the fact that you were an insensitive jerk to her." She replied.

"Hey look.  I am sorry we had a fight, but she was just as rude to me." I said defensively.

"Your wife is pregnant.  You need to be a little more understanding."

"I know she is pregnant, but that does not give her the right to be unreasonable."

She shook her head in disappointment, "Look, when a woman is pregnant her hormones are out of whack.  It can cause her to be more emotional.  You can't react to her like you normally would.  I know this pregnancy puts stress on you, but you need to be the voice of reason."  

I think a part of me knew she was right, but I still thought the stress on me was being marginalized so I shot back, "Look, I get it, she's pregnant, but I don't think you understand how much stress is on me."

Without hesitation she replied, "OK, so your wife, who is suffering a chemical imbalance doesn't get a pass for being a bit moody, but you want a pass because you are stressed?"

"No, I didn't say she doesn't have an excuse.  I am just saying that this is affecting me too."

"I understand.  If the two of you just have a shouting match, but then went to separate rooms to calm down I think it all would have worked out.  The problem is you left her, without word of where you were going or when you would be back.    You did not answer you cell phone when we called.  That is not the behavior of someone who just needed some fresh air or needed some time to calm down.  That was the behavior of someone who wanted to make his wife worry and wanted to hurt her.  You were gone for 3 hours without any word."

When my mother put it that way, I did start to feel a little embarrassed.  "Where is she now?" I finally thought to ask. 

"She went to the Lamaze class without you.  Your father is filling in for you.  I am glad she decided to call me.  She was pretty upset when I spoke with her."

I started to feel a little guilty so I meekly replied, "well, thanks."

She saw that I was staring at my feet so she stood up, placed her hand under my chin and lifted it to force me to look into her eyes.  It was a strange feeling, like I had when I was 12 years old, but still, I never would have anticipated what happened next. 

"You know," she began, "I had encouraged your wife to take you over her knee when you acted like a child.  I think it really helped your marriage and your wife had seen a lot of improvement in you."

I gulped, this was the first time I ever heard my mother acknowledge that she knew my wife spanked me and that it was her suggestion.  It was a bit of a shock, even though my wife admitted this to me previously.  

She continued, "of course, with her pregnant now, I don't think it would be a good idea for her to try to spank you anymore.  But," she paused, "your behavior tonight was so selfish and childish I think you need a reminder that a spanking is not out of the question if you behave in such a childish manner ever again."  

My heart began pounding in my chest as I contemplated how my mother would propose my wife should spank me again.  It would probably not be over her knee.  Perhaps it would be laying on the bed or over the sofa.  I thought that perhaps her swing would not be as forceful as they have been in the past.  Of course, I would not try to fight her.  I wasn't happy, but I would be passive to insure that neither she or the baby got hurt. I presumed my mother was here to gain my assurance that I would not resist.  How wrong I was. 

My mother turned and walked towards a table in the corner of the room.  It was then that I saw the hairbrush and she began to pick it up.  my heart nearly leaped out of my chest as I began to suspect what was about to happen.  I looked in horror as my mother approached me with the brush, but I dared not open my mouth in protest as I was unsure exactly what she had in mind. 

She began, "Your wife and father will be home in about an hour.  When they get here, you will be standing in the corner with your freshly spanked bottom on display.  Your father and I will leave and you and your wife can discuss how to ensure something like this does not happen again. "

Well, there is was, she was proposing spanking me herself.  That was not going to happen.  It was one thing to submit to my wife, but I was an adult and there was no way she was going to spank me.  

Rather than complain or whine, I began calmly and rationally to try to show I was in control.  "Mother, I appreciate your concern, but I am not a child anymore.  My wife and I will deal with this ourselves and I will respect her wishes in this matter."

She replied, "Her wishes in this matter are clear.  If you were to come home before her, I was to spank you and put you in the corner.  That is why she gave me the brush.  I am glad you decided to finally come home.  I will admit, we were unsure of what we would have done if you did not come home at all.  At least as far as that goes you made the right decision."

Again, I tried not to get emotional or excited, "I understand mother, but like I said, I will discuss this with her when she gets home.  This is between her and I and does not concern you."

She replied as calmly as me, "Well, it does concern me as she was the one who called me all upset.  Your father and I came over here right away to minimize the damage you had done.   If you wanted this to be between you and her, then you should have stayed here and worked it out instead of running away like a child and refusing to answer your phone.  You made it my concern when you abandoned your wife."

She paused letting the words sink in.  I struggled for an intelligent response and when none came she continued.

"Now," she started again, "you are going to get your naughty backside spanked by me and you will stand in the corner until your wife gets home.  After that, I hope the two of you can work out the issues you are having."

My heart was pounding in my chest and my mouth was getting dry, but again I tried to maintain my composure and calmly tried to reassert myself, "Sorry mother, I am not going to be spanked by you.  I am not  baby anymore."

"Nonsense!", she replied a little more forceful, "you act like a child, you get treated like a child.  That is the way it has always been.  It's not like you haven't been spanked before.  It's not like you haven't been spanked by ME before.   Now come here and take your spanking and don't make this any worse for yourself." she said as she pointed to the spot in front of where she was sitting.

I was confused.  This was very different from my wife threatening to spank me.  I must admit, what normally forces me into compliance with my wife is the fact that I don't want to lose her.  Now I love my mother, but I did not feel the same kind of threat from her that I did for my wife.

I swallowed hard, took a deep breath and again calmly asserted myself.  "I appreciate your concern and willingness to help and I thank you for helping us out during our disagreement, but like I said, what happens next is between me and my wife."

I thought that would be the end of it.  I was calm and adult like and had made my point.  Whatever, had happened in the past with my wife spanking me was between my wife and I.  Oh, of course I realize now that it was my mother who had persuaded her to do it, but still.  My mother lost her authority to spank me when I became an adult.  If my wife wanted to spank me when she got home, I would reluctantly accept that, but my mother was not going to spank me.

She stood up and I held my head up defiantly.  She looked at me and I could see the disappointment in her eyes.  She moved slowly towards me.  I had a reflex to cringe and back away, but I forced myself to hold my ground.  When she got to within a foot from me and did not see me backing down I figured that would be the end of it.

At first, she spoke softly, "I don't think you fully understand the position you are in.  Your wife has given me the authority to spank you.  Regardless of that fact, I am your mother and I will be your mother until the day I die.  You are never too old to be spanked.  If you act like a child you will be spanked like a child.  You thought you were too old to be spanked when you were 12.  You were wrong then and you are wrong now."

I hated my mother at that moment, bringing up the last time she spanked me.  It made me feel like such a child.  I cringed at the thought.  I continued to stand my ground but as the realization that she was not backing down began to sink in, I realized I had two choices, fight or flight.   She was right, she was my mother, fight was not an option, but flight was.  I decided to just walk away and lock myself in the bathroom and wait for my wife to come home.

"I need to use the bathroom." I said calmly hoping she would not realize my intentions.

She grabbed my arm as I started to move, "I don't think so."  she said sternly.  She gripped my arm strongly and I was unsure what to do next.

You see, unlike when my wife was ordering me around, I felt I had nothing to lose with my mother.  If I refused to submit, what would the consequences be?  This was not like when I was 12.  I really was a child at 12 and had no choice but to ultimately submit to my mother's authority, but I was an adult now.  If I refused, it was not like with my wife where I was afraid she would leave me.  I loved my mother and wanted to be respectful but in the end, she held no real authority over me.

Then almost as if she could read minds she said, "Look, you need to understand that I am acting with full support of your wife.  She is in no condition to spank you herself.  You have been spanked before when you needed it and while we were hoping you had finally matured, you need to understand that you will be spanked again now and in the future should you regress to your childish ways.  Your wife is pregnant with your child.  A child who will need a responsible and caring father, not some selfish, irresponsible man who acts like a child when things don't go his way.  Your wife has told me you have made a lot of progress in the last few years but clearly there is still room for improvement.  I know this is very difficult for you, but I am your mother.  I suggest you take your spanking and be in the corner with your pants down when your wife comes home.  Storming out of the house and leaving you pregnant wife here alone, wondering what was happening was very irresponsible.  Accepting your spanking for that will go a long way to show your remorse for that and get your marriage back on track."

As the words started to sink in, my heart started to pound in my chest and I started to shiver slightly as I slowly began to think about what I had done.  I looked at my mother and felt so ashamed at what I had did.  Already tears filled my eyes as I realized the potential damage I could have done to my marriage.

Again, as if my mother could read minds she added, "You are now bringing a child into this world.  You must be there for that child no matter what." she paused for effect, "Just like your father and I were always there for you." she paused again, "Just like I am here for you now."

I finally looked down at the floor genuinely ashamed for what I did when I saw her reach for my belt. I was broken, and I did not resist.  I swallowed hard and perhaps in attempt to console myself I could not help but ask, "Mom, did you spank Dad like this?"

She had my belt unbuckled and was in the process of unbuttoning my jeans when she took a deep breath and paused as if contemplating her response.  She looked me in the eye and said, "Don't feel bad about this, but no.  Your father was very mature and responsible.  I never had to spank him myself.  But, if he acted the way you did, you bet I would have.  I would like you to be the kind of man your father is.  You must accept this spanking and learn from it."

As she unzipped my jeans I began reflecting on what she said about my dad.  I guess I was hoping to learn that she spanked him too.  I respected my father and saw him as a real man and a positive role model.  If I had learned that my mother had spanked him like my wife had spanked me, it might have helped ease the feeling of humiliation I was experiencing.  But that was not the case.

As my mother opened the front of my jeans and my white briefs came into view I grabbed the waistband of my jeans and stepped back from her saying, "I am sorry mother, I just can't let you do this." and I started to zip them back up again.

I thought that would be the end of it.  I was going to ask her politely to leave and I was going to wait for my wife to come home and the two of us would settle this as a couple.

At first she spoke very calmly, "Your wife will be back in about 30 minutes.  We don't have much time.  For your own good and the good of your marriage I am going to bare your bottom, spank you and put you in the corner.  Are you going to accept the consequences of your action like a penitent young man or do I need to drag you over my lap like a naughty little boy?"

I stood there, my jeans zipped up, but my belt still unbuckled.  I was trembling, shaking and feeling a cold icy chill come over me.  My stomach was turning over and it was an overall surreal experience.  It was strange and weird, yet at the same time a familiar scene.  In many ways I felt like I was 12 again but still adamant that at my age I should not be spanked by my mother.  Hell I wasn't even sure my wife should be spanking me, but she had a hold on me very different than my mother.  I simply did not know what to do and I stood frozen with indecision.

Then it happened.  It happened so fast I am not even sure exactly what happened.  My mother lunged for me.  I felt a burning in my ear as she twisted it cruelly forcing me to bend at the waist.  She let go and I felt her hands back at my jeans and they were quickly unzipped and she was tugging them down.  I tried to pull away, but she already had them to my knees.  As I stepped backwards I lost my balance and fell on the couch.  She quickly had my jeans at my ankles and partially turned them inside out across my feet.

She let go of my jeans and I quickly pulled my knees to my chest and tried to protect myself as she approached.  "Mom, stop it!" I yelled.  cowering on the couch.  She again reached for my ear and I yelped in pain as she again twisted it and she forced me up from the couch again to avoid the pain.  I stood crouched over in front of her.  She let go of my ear and when my hands instinctively went to my ear she took the opportunity to deliver three quick sharp smacks to my bare thigh.

I yelled out at the sting and again flopped back on the couch to escape.  "Ow, Mom! That hurt!"

"Get up!" she shouted, as I started to hear the controlled anger in her voice.  She was determined.  I could clearly see that.  I thought of making a run for the bathroom again, but my pants around my ankles made that impossible.  "You are just making this worse for your self.  Now stand up."  She delivered three more smacks to the back of my thighs and I curled up on the couch.

"Mom, please stop!"  She responded to my pleas with three more slaps.  Tears started to flow down my eyes, not so much from the pain.  The slaps stung, but they really didn't hurt that much.  No, the tears were from a deep well of emotion made up of confusion, fear, humiliation and  a feeling of inadequacy.   What kind of man was I that found my self curled up on the couch, pants at my ankles begging my mom to stop hitting me?

"Mom, please don't spank me." I began through the tears.  I felt her hand at my ear again, but I quickly got up to avoid the pain.  She placed her hands on my underpants and I instinctively reach for her hands to stop her, but I did not pull away.  'Mom, please let me keep my underpants on."  and with that plea she knew she had me.  I was beginning to submit.

"Perhaps if you had obeyed me right away I might have considered it, but your childish behavior does not warrant any leniency." and with that she quickly pulled my briefs all the way down to my ankles.  As she stared at my now bared body, she could not resist the temptation to further 'put me in my place' with a quick comment "You have nothing to hide.  It is not like I have not see you like this before.  With the exception that you have a little hair around it now, you don't look much different than when  you were 12."

That hurt.  How dare she belittle my genitals.  What kind of mother would do that?  But she had no sooner said it when I found myself falling across her knees.  She clamped my legs with her leg and before I could even process what was happening the hairbrush came crashing down on my helpless backside.

It hurt.  It hurt a lot!  She was spanking me with all her strength.  I was crying like I was 12 years old again.  Of course some of that was from the pain, but most of the tears were from the overwhelming emotional confusion I was experiencing.  I was an adult and my mother was spanking me like she did when I was 12.  It was too much for me to process and I was an emotional wreck.

She spanked long and hard and I struggled and cried out and begged her to stop with every blow.  She held me tight in place and I was surprised at how strong she was, even stronger than my wife.   She continued to spank me until I found that I had lost all resistance and was reduced to a sobbing, crying mess before the spanking finally stopped.

I laid over her knees crying myself out and I was exhausted.  I heard the door open and my wife and father came in.  I shuddered at the thought at what I must look like as they came into the room.

I heard my wife's voice, "Well, it looks like he finally came home.  He must have just gotten here if you just finished spanking him  He is not in the corner yet."

"Well," my mother started, "it took a little convincing to get him over my knee.  I have been letting him cry it out over my knee.  Do you want him in the corner?"

"No," my wife replied, "when he is ready to face me he can get up."

I took a deep breath and tried to regain my composure.  The sooner I faced my wife, the sooner the ordeal would be over.  I choked out between sobs, "OK.  I'm ready."

My mother unlocked my legs from hers and I felt her arm guiding me up off my lap.  I wanted to reach for my pants and briefs, but instinctively knew I should leave them at my ankles until I received specific permission to pull them up.

As I stood and faced my wife my heart practically leaped out of my chest and I felt a wave of electricity shoot through my body.  My father was standing right behind my wife and the look on his face showed so much disappointment I could not bear to look him in the eyes.

After all these years of being spanked by my wife, the childhood spanking I received from my mother and the fear of being spanked in front of Sarah, I never could have imagined how much shame and embarrassment I would feel when standing in front of my father with my pants and briefs at my ankles with my freshly spanked bottom on display.  Being seen as weak and wimpy in front of another man was more painful than I would have thought.

I apologize to my wife as my mother and father get ready to leave my father walks up to me and as I look down down to my pants and briefs at my ankles my father just says to me. "You just better grow up and grow up fast!  This childish crap had better stop.  Your child needs a father who is a man and I hope to God for your sake this is the last time someone needs to beat your backside."

With that fresh tears started down my cheeks.  That hurt more than the spanking, to know my father did not yet see me as a man.

After they left, my wife did make me stand in the corner with my nose to the wall.  Eventually I heard her crying.  I pleaded from the corner to let me come and comfort her.  She agreed.  I shuffled over to her, pants at my ankles and gave her a hug and kiss.  We eventually went to be where she laid on her side and I gave her a deep back massage to relieve her aching back.

I promised never to storm out on her again.  God help me.  I want to be a man.  My child deserves a good hearted man for a father and I will bust my ass to become one.




42 comments:

  1. WOW!! What an humiliation!!! THIS will force you to "man up"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was very humiliating. I admit, what bothered me the most and still bothers me is the look I got and the warning from my father. That has left me very shaken.

      With my wife, although it was always a non-consensual thing. I felt there was an unspoken sexual element to it.

      With my mother, well, there is never pleasing a mother (mine or anyone's) but my Dad was always the balancing force. We were both guys and I thought we had each others back.

      The look of disappointment on his face was 100x worse than any spanking I have ever received. There is just no way I can express how I feel knowing my own father doesn't see me as a man.

      Delete
    2. If your father really feels that way he should be ashamed . Screwing up and accepting just punishment for it ( and you did deserve it) marks you as a man. There is nothing unmanly about getting a spanking or even behaving in a way that makes one necessary. It is unmanly to try to avoid taking your medicine or whining endlessly about it ( which you are not doing) I sense you realize now spankings are part of your life and you are resolved to meet your wife's standards that will avoid or minimize future spankings. Another thing about your fathers reaction that miffs me is the high probability he has spent plenty of time over your mothers lap earlier in their marriage. If so he is acting hypocritical towards you condemning you for misbehaving and getting spanked when he undoubtedly has had the same experience. By the way I don't think displaying you with your pants down after you were spanked was necessary. Corner time would have been appropriate and is probably what I would have done but shaming you like that the first time she had spanked you ( in many years) was just inappropriate.
      Kathy

      Delete
    3. In all fairness, If you think about this you end up in a circular argument.

      Was his father ashamed because he got spanked or because his behavior was so unmanly he deserved to be spanked?

      If it was my son I too would be disappointed if he still needed a spanking to behave the way a grown man should behave.

      Delete
  2. That was a well deserved punishment , but I was also punished by my Mum when she found I had started smoking which I started when I went with friends on our gap year holiday to France and Spain! She hated people smoking and for me to break that golden Rule was like a red rag to a bull ! I had not been spanked or caned me when I was growing up but she was so annoyed with me she she sent me to my room and I was ordered to come back down in my pyjamas ! She was waiting in the lounge ,holding a hairbrush and grabbed me an hauled me over knees despite my protests and half hearted struggles becaause in fact I felt ashamed of upsetting her and guilty of being silly enoughto start smoking! I soon felt the pain o my first but not last spanking ! My bum was deep red and so sore and painful ! Soon after this she aquired a long pliable cane and not long after I had my first caning ,on my bare bottom which really hur the whole thing was so embarrassing being bare in front of her and bending down for it!
    That was to be the first of a period of regular punishents! I certainly never have smoked since but other mattters arose and I felt the cane on my bare bottom for anotherr thee years whilst I was n university! John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your experience.

      Delete
    2. When I was first married, I had to get use to the reality that some things that were normal as a single needed to be modified, such as not leaving the house unannounced, or unexpectedly, and without my wife knowing, in at least rough terms, when to anticipate my return, and, at least in rough terms, why I was going. Leaving in anger without my wife knowing where I was going, and for how long, was not acceptable. If the table were turned and it was your wife who left the house in anger without you knowing where she was going, and for how long, this too would be unacceptable. Husbands and wives do become angry with each other occasionally, its normal, but how they deal with that anger matters a great deal.

      I think, from what you said, that you agree that your way of dealing with your anger was not acceptable. So nothing more needs to be said on that point.

      How it was dealt with by your wife, mother and father -- the specific details -- could benefit from some analysis: there were three basic components, namely, punishment, humiliation, and shaming.
      Of the three, the latter seems least appropriate. Your mother shamed you for acting like a child and your father shamed you for not acting like a man. The spanking might have been constructive, the humiliation less so, but these kinds of shaming are particularly destructive -- inflicting psychological damage. If the table were turned, and it was your wife who left the house in anger without telling you where she was going, and for how long, would your father concluded that she was not acting like a man? Of course, not!

      Shaming can be constructive, but it very easily becomes destructive, with long-term negative consequences. .
      ,

      Delete
  3. You have to someway have to stop this nonsense ,otherwise this will have serious negative mental consequences on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. Any suggestions?

      Now that we are bringing a child into the world leaving her is not an option, nor would I want to leave her anyway. I just want the spankings to stop.

      Delete
    2. Hard question. For start do not talk to your mother, or if you must be cold and distant towards her.BTW She lied to you she spanked your father that is obvious.Be cold and distant and emotionless towards your mother maybe that will stop her to fuel your wifes nonsense about spanking you etc..
      There are way more dangers for your child than yourself, namely your wife and your parents,

      Delete
  4. I was spanked at home as you were and then later by my wife with strong encouragement from my mom. So I understand to some extent your situation although my mom stopped spanking around the time my girlfriend (now wife) started. I can’t imagine my mom spanking me now So I am puzzled by your mothers behavior She stopped spanking you at 12 and then recommended your wife begin spanking sometime after you were married many years later. Then she spanks you herself apparently with your wife’s full support. I don’t understand how a spanking or even several spankings around age 12 could have convinced her you needed spanked and would respond to it so many years later. It seems like there is something missing in this narrative. I do think as some others above have commented that you father is or was spanked by her so she (your mom) probably is a strong advocate of home discipline. But the gap of so many years between the last time she spanked you and your current spankings seems strange. Is this something you can comment on?
    A Loyal Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I think back, nothing comes to mind. First, let me say that I was not spanked that often as a child. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I was spanked (OK, well maybe two hands) For example, I only received a single spanking the year I was 12. While I did not receive any spankings after that I do not credit that with hitting a magic age, but rather simply meeting the standards of behavior.

      When I reflect back on almost all of the spankings I received, both as a child and as an adult I realize they fall into two categories.

      The first is a quick, simple, pants up, attention getting spanking. These were the 2 or 3 quick smacks to the bottom when I was real young for doing things like running in the street, throwing things, etc. Often these quick attention getters did not even make me cry. They just shocked me to make me realize I just did something potentially dangerous.

      The second were the spanking I received for willful disobedience. These were the spankings I got when I resisted gentle correction or resisted my parents authority. These were the pants down, over the knee spanked until I cried spankings. I did not get too many of these.

      When I was a teenager at home and later at college, I would not say I was perfect. I continued to make mistakes and got grounded or assigned extra chores, but I never was willful or openly defiant. I was penitent and accepted my just punishment. While I was not spanked as a teenager at home, I have no doubt that if I was willful or defiant I would have been spanked. I moved out after college and met my girlfriend/wife shortly after that.

      All of my spankings from my wife were for being willful and denying that I had done anythings wrong. This was the first time I was spanked severely when I had admitted I made a mistake and was penitent. I blame this on my wife who's judgement was impaired by the pregnancy. I am sure if it was my wife who was home when I got home and not my mother, and she saw I was remorseful and penitent I would not have been spanked. If only I was able to make it to the bathroom and lock myself in. My mother acted on my wife's request that my wife made while she was still angry.

      As for my father being spanked. I don't know. I have no evidence to suggest she did. My father seemed to rule the roost. In fact after I have been thinking about this since it happened, I was wondering if my mother encouraging my wife to spank me was in response to the strong authoritative figure my father was. In other words, she couldn't rule over my father so she is ruling over me by proxy.

      Delete
  5. Hi rt
    I really identify with the embarrassment you felt being stood up after your spanking and facing your wife and father with your pants around your ankles. I too was stood up afterward once years ago in front of my brother in law and sister in law and made to apologize while still crying after a vicious hairbrush spanking. It was the most humiliating experience of my life. I would take a thousand beatings from my wife rather than go through that again. But it also taught me a lesson I will never forget and I know the experience changed my life. I wish the same for you. I also hope you can come to accept the reality of your life that behavior spankings will continue until your conduct meets your wife’s standards (which don’t seem that strict to me).It may be your mother administering them now but eventually your wife will reassert her own authority. You will not divorce her or defeat her but you will over and over go over her lap until you consistently obey her and meet her expectations for your behavior. You say you want the spankings to stop but you know what will stop (or minimize) them. Instead you have maneuvered yourself into a situation where two women now are monitoring your behavior. That’s not where you want to be but it’s where you are until you learn to obey your wife and accept her (reasonable) behavior standards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up until this last incident, I realized that to avoid being spanked all I had to due was admit fault and repent. This was a break from that pattern. Prior to this I went nearly 7 months without a spanking. I do think it is possible to avoid future spankings. It was just that this pregnancy has been stressful on both of us. Just a reminder that even good things can be stressful when they create a lot of change.

      Delete
  6. This has the chocolatey ring of bullshit to it. Am I the only one not 'in' on the fact that this is a circle-jerk and we're not supposed to say in the comments what we all know to be true and spoil the fun?

    I _can_ believe what I'm reading. It's extremely unlikely, but so is winning the lottery and that happens every week. Some individuals have even won it twice in a lifetime. In a different society where disciplining grown adults, even by the weaker sex toward the stronger, is an accepted norm these events would be a lot more likely, but as it stands it would take rt having two improbably extraordinary women in his life (whether or not for the right reasons). But sure, I can buy that. In a planet of 7 billion people it CAN happen, although how often or seldom it does I couldn't guess. I can neither underestimate the power of social conditioning, or of some people's power to rise above it.

    No, it's just that it reads like literature and not the retelling of a traumatic event or the words of someone working through some issues. It just doesn't feel authentic. It doesn't have the ring of truth. And others have identified holes and contradictions in what you're telling.

    I'd be mortified if I turned out to be wrong and was incriminating you unfairly--not that I could ever know one way or the other. But my credulity snapped a long time ago, even with the signals from my groin interfering with the signals of my bullshit detector.

    True or not, I feel no resentment toward you, in fact I admire you, and this is coming from someone who does feel a little irked at those men who plonk themselves down in front of their keyboard and start typing from the crotch; their self-indulgent ramblings can be spotted a mile off. At least you're not blatantly obvious. Consider writing the next '50 shades' for submissive men because you could make millions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your honest and healthy skepticism. After all this is the internet and by law everything on it must be true right? Of course not. Like you, as I have searched the internet looking for people with similar experiences I have taken what I read with a grain of salt. Everyone should do that. You are not the first to feel that this is fiction, in fact I had one commentator complain that given this was fiction my punishments should have been more severe and that Sarah should have spanked me by now.

      Do I write this like a story? Yes. Is every detail 100% accurate? No. Am I taken "artistic liberties" to keep my readers engaged? Yes.

      But the big question you are asking is are the basic facts true?

      If I say this is all fiction that answer will be accepted as truth, but if I maintain that the basic facts are true even if the details are not, then there will always be doubt.

      So I write the story and imply that it is "based on a true story". There are many movies I have seen "based on a true story" where my BS detector went off so I get what you are saying.

      In the end it does not matter. I take no offense at you doubting the story. After all, I doubt some of the stories I get back in the comments. Many of those sound un-real to me too, but perhaps they are true. Unfortunately I have had some very unbelievable things turn out to be true. So our instincts are not always right.

      Anyway, you are on record as doubting this is all real, so noted. If this turns out to be a complete work of fiction you can claim bragging rights that you were not fooled. If it turns out to be true, you are also on record as acknowledging that it was possible, even if remotely so. You are covered either way.

      Delete
    2. lol. Nice reply!!

      KL

      Delete
  7. I get the feeling this is story that ended some time ago and he is telling it as if it were just unfolding.He knows the ending and we don't.But he is doing a real service documenting the struggles of a young husband who is still getting spanked, now by his mother as well as his wife.Some version of this story plays out in a lot of homes very much in private and he is opening a window on it .I think every man who is spanked by his wife or is thinking about asking her to do so, should read his blog not just for the story but for the insights it gives into the undisciplined male psyche as external discipline is imposed by wife or other female

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may take me a few days or weeks to write the story and the story may have already evolved beyond what I have written, but for the most part, this is happening as I write it.

      Delete
  8. Well, that was quite the tale. I'm surprised some of the comments are so negative. The way I see it, you're an adult so if you are relating is true, it's entirely your choice to accept living under these conditions, and if they are just stories that you have made up, then you are an imaginative and entertaining writer. Either way is good with me and, I suspect, good with most of your readers.

    Regarding this event specifically, I can only imagine how mortifying it was for you. And now that the proverbial "cat is out of the bag", your wife will never again have to be discrete around your parents. In fact, the prospect of she or your mother taking down your pants for childish behavior "on the spot" is now quite high, as is the possibility of your dad doing it. Just think - no more discrete "wait until I get you home" from your wife, but rather "just wait until your father gets home" from both her and you mum...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fucked up.

      RT - The wife is one thing but your parents involved. Ick. I suggest calling a family meeting and laying it down for all of them. They risk losing you, so tell them to all to go fuck themselves and demand an apology from your Mom and Dad. You need to get back your place. Tell them you may mess up again but if you do that is between you and your wife. Period, and under no circumstances should they get involved in your marriage again - no matter what.

      KL

      Delete
    2. Hi KL,

      I appreciate you encouraging me to be assertive, but the problem is, telling them that they would losing me is an idle threat. I may be willing to disown my parents, but not my wife and child. Also, they did not insert themselves into this situation, my wife asked them to intercede on her behalf. Like I said, it may be between my wife and I but it was my wife who asked them to do what they did.

      Delete
  9. Responding to KL above you are right that he needs to keep those lines of authority clear. He can’t indefinitely be under the authority of two women even if one is his mother. But notice what he described. His mother made it very clear she was acting on his wife’s orders (authority) in spanking him. His mother is not claiming she still has the authority herself to spank him. But as a disciplinarian his wife does have the discretion to delegate her authority from time to time (sickness, travel, etc.) That is what has happened here and so the only thing that has changed perhaps is rt’s naïve belief that he wasn’t going to be spanked again. Of course he is. After the child is born and everything is back to normal he is likely to come under even stricter discipline than before. His wife gave him some samples of that with the “pants down” exercises he wrote about last year. Since his mother is willing. There is little doubt there will also be future delegations of his wife’s authority to discipline when necessary. How often this happens is probably up to rt. But his wife is running this show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon,

      You are correct that in this case my mother did say she was acting at my wife's request, but she also implied that she was my mother so she had the right to spank me. I will say this however, if I was not afraid of losing my wife, I never would have submitted to my mother.

      Delete
    2. A woman told me that once a man has allowed a woman to spank him he can never really take that authority away. So in that sense perhaps your mother feels she still has the right to spank you.But from what you have said it's not something she would do without your wife's clearly expressed request or permission. Your mother will respect your wife's authority about this as long as your wife is exercising it..

      Delete
  10. Eventually, after the baby is born and it becomes awkward to carry out spankings at your house, it seems predictable that that you will be sent by your wife to your mother for future spankings. How convenient for your wife!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that is not true.

      Delete
    2. I doubt that it is true. Many couples find ways to live a DD lifestyle after children. Its harder but rt's wife is clearly astute enough to figure out how to do it. I do agree as someone predicted above she is likely to call on his mother again in an emergency but his wife knows by now she has to handle most of the discipline herself to maintain her authority. Relying too much on his mother would undermine her authority and she won't do that. One thing that might happen when the children are young is she might take him out of the house to punish him and his parents would be the natural place to go given what has happened. My wife used to take me to her sisters apartment making sure her sister was conveniently out for a while

      Delete
    3. RT,

      In my earlier post I suggested they risked losing you, so draw a line in the sand somewhere. You don't have to threaten anyone that you will leave or disown them, but they will know there is a chance of losing you without you having to say this directly. The same way you are afraid of losing your wife, but she doesn't threaten you directly does she?

      Right now you are living in a fear based relationship (at least in part), which is not good. I feel strongly you need to sit your parents down and tell them you are doing your best, but that the incident is unacceptable and will not happen again. Tell your wife the same thing, that you are willing to accept her discipline and guidance, but do not involve your parents in disciplining you. Find the balance between accepting your wife as HOH but keeping your own power. Again, I bristle a bit when you say I fear losing my wife and operate from this space. Tell her you are trying hard, you are going to confront your parents and expect her support not to involve them. At he same time tell her you will accept her corrections as she sees fit, but up to this point. She will respect you more (even if she doesn't say so). People respect people with boundaries and yours were violated - badly in my opinion. Do your best, learn from your mistakes and grow. BE genuine with your wife, communicate openly and lead her in this regard. You both are young and have a lot to learn. You have a lot to offer your family and should not be operating from a place of fear - that i am sure of. Finally, get some marriage counseling, a good 3rd party might help (you dont have to talk about spanking with them). If you just stay quiet and let this thing run itself you will never be truly happy.

      Good Luck,
      KL

      Delete
  11. One message that runs through this blog is that adult spanking really works to correct behavior and attitude. I have read through it twice to make sure I am reading it correctly. My husband has asked me to begin discipline after a number of issues that have strained our relationship. He thinks spanking will work because he was spanked growing up. But I was initially skeptical that an adult could really be disciplined by spanking. I understand there are serious questions whether rt’s spanking are consensual (my opinion is that they were not in the beginning but are now) But consent is not an issue with us as my husband has requested discipline and offered to sign a contract if I want. So if it works, why not. RT is really doing a service documenting his early experience with discipline. I am a lover of irony and it is ironic he sets out to make the case that as an adult his wife shouldn’t spank him and maybe he is right there on the consent issue. But he has ended up making a persuasive case for the effectiveness of spanking for adult punishment and behavior modification.
    Kate L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beating people into submission has historically proven to be a very effective tool for gaining compliance. That's why it has such a rich historical tradition.

      Delete
  12. Hi Kate,

    My best suggestion for you is to schedule a weekly session with him and don't miss it, make it mild to moderate. Maybe over the knee with a light instrument (hair brush maybe or wooden spoon), draw it out some and send him to the corner for 15 minutes when you are done. There will likely be a sexual component for him. It will work wonders if that is as far as you take it.

    Then if you are serious about making it for discipline, then when he is out of line beat his ass with a sturdy paddle. If you stay on the lower part of the cheek you cannot do any real damage. Do not hold back, bruised and battered and welted is ok it will heal fast. He will try to stop you when it is serious, be stern and out command him to stay put. Tears are ok, remember it is punishment, don't go soft or feel sorry for him - he asked for it!

    I speak from experience. A REAL spanking really hurts, but afterwards it does wonders for me. OK, I don't want to take over RT's blog, but wanted to help. Let me know if you I can help.

    Good Luck,
    KL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KL
      When I start (it’s not longer if) I plan to do it correctly so your suggestions are appreciated. There is a long list of behavior issues to deal with and I will do it one at a time until I work through them starting with his temper. I realize there is a “sexual component” to spanking as you call it but there won’t be with us. That will be taken care of before spanking. I am ready to believe spanking can modify behavior but not in a pre-orgasmic man who has a spanking fetish. My husband wants discipline and I am going to deliver it. Like rt he might come to decide spanking are something to avoid and so change the behavior that makes them necessary. That is what I expect.
      Kate

      Delete
    2. You might start a blog. Might be helpful to get ideas and feedback as you go through your learning curve. Be fun to follow too!!

      KL

      Delete
    3. Yeah, it's always fun to have a ton of strangers cheering you on like Romans cheering the lions at the coliseum as you document your husband's beatings. Check out: wifesincharge.blogspot.com and spankingmarriage.blogspot.com.

      Delete
  13. The last spanking I received from my mom was when I was 18, in the summer between high school and college. She came home from work early and found me smoking out in the yard as I waited in my swimsuit to get picked up by my girlfriend to go to a pool party at her friend's house. Mom grabbed me by my ear and twisted it as she pulled me back into the kitchen. She yelled at me the whole time as she turned a kitchen chair around, sat down and in 1 quick motion pulled my suit to my ankles as she turned me over her knee and started spanking my naked bottom. Just then, in walked my girlfriend who stopped dead in her tracks as she took in the sight before her. My mom asked her for one of her leather sandals and started paddling me with it that got me bouncing up and down on her knee and begging her to stop. My mom let me go to the party and while there we got into a fight. My girlfriend told the host that we were leaving. On the way home she pulled down a fire road in the woods and told me to follow her. She walked over to a fallen tree and pulled my suit down, turned me over her knee and started to spank me. She said if I resisted, she would tell everyone that my mom still spanks me. That summer she spanked me at every opportunity. Sometimes with her sandal and some times she would make love to me and I never knew which it would be. markiee

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with you that you will want to man up if you have a son. When I had a son, I found that I no longer could tolerate constant humiliation including verbal bullying and spankings from my wife. She was not inclined to spank our beloved son, but I had to protect him from her verbal bullying at times. And I temporarily stopped my own abasement. However, if I had had a daughter I truly believe that I might have submitted to a female-led household, including even punishment from my child, for I do believe that women are the superior sex. It would have been fine with me if such a daughter had gone on to dominate and punish her husband as I have been dominated and spanked. My son has now graduated from college and left our household. My wife quickly found upon his departure that she could once again bully and punish me, and she has reasserted her superiority over me with a vengeance. LIke you, I think that she is usually in the wrong, but I submit to her female superiority. In self-confidence and sexual attractiveness she has it all over me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I get real spankings from my wife that leaves me crying and feel ashamed over the whole spanking over the knee experience. What happened to you will take along time to get over all you can do is learn from it and don't put your self in a position to be punished like that again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "I agree with you. Any suggestions?

    Now that we are bringing a child into the world leaving her is not an option, nor would I want to leave her anyway. I just want the spankings to stop."

    If you are not consenting to this, it is an assault. Even if you've brought a child in the world, you do not want that child to model your behavior by letting people violate its boundaries. I grew up in a household where my mother bullied my father, and I modeled some pretty dysfunctional behaviors because of it.

    If your wife wants to leave because you won't agree to the spankings, that is on her. Tell her best of luck arguing in divorce court that she should be able to have custody of the kid because you refused to be beaten. Start recording what she says with your phone.

    As for your parents, personally, I'd be 100% done with them. Like I just walked away from their wake. They don't strike me as being emotionally or financially supportive, so they're adding not value to your life. Instead, they're devaluing it.

    My Mom has caused trouble in my marriage, and I told her in writing that I would permanently cut her out of my life if it continued. That put an immediate stop to her nonsense.

    The last time my Mom tried to hit me I grabbed her arm and told I'd break it next time. She learned to keep her hands to herself after that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. www.disciplinedhubbies.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, there are idiots, but that someone writes such stories as such was new to me! A woman who is pregnant has an argument with her husband and he then leaves the house and goes for a walk or or ... What I ask is impossible about that? But that his mother beats him for it is simply the biggest idiocy I have ever read. The best that the young man could have done would have been to put his mother over her knee and spank her bottom in such a way that she would never again think of raising her hand to anyone! And when his wife has given birth, it is time to give her the same. Unless an idiot wants to show off his perverted fantasies!

    ReplyDelete