Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Man to Woman Talk

I have been reflecting on "The Talk" my wife and I finally had and re-read all the comments and advice that I received through the months as I struggled with the relationship my wife and I had.

I began to think that perhaps the conversation my wife and I had was not exactly the conversation that was being suggested.  Looking back, I was in a very emotional state, very tearful, crying and sobbing and I probably was not presenting the kind of man I needed to be to have that conversation.  Realizing now that I have some control over the situation in that I can control my behavior I have been feeling better and felt that I was in a much more rational place to have the conversation again.

What I wanted to discuss and the point that I wanted to be firm on was the threat of being spanked in front of my wife's friend (I guess we will continue to call her Sarah).  My wife is my wife and our relationship is by its very nature an intimate relationship.  If she felt that part of that needed to be her spanking me when she felt I acted childish, then I could reluctantly accept that.  What was still on my mind was the remote possibility of that happening in front of Sarah.  It is bad enough I have to put up with the rare bare bottom, pants and underwear down spanking, but the thought of that being revealed to Sarah was still somewhat of a concern for me.  Again, my wife had gotten me comfortable to the idea of wearing briefs, but I still considered them to be "unmanly"  and wasn't comfortable of showing them to other people, let alone Sarah.  Of course, if that wasn't bad enough, I also had to deal with what I still considered my below average penis size, made worse by the fact that when flaccid it was shriveled up to almost nothing.  I also knew that I would most likely be crying at the end of my spanking which would eliminate what little manliness I had left. I really did not want to have to deal with exposing all of these facts to Sarah and even the remote possibility of this happening was still a source of great anxiety.

Today I again brought up the topic with my wife, but instead of being the crying and sobbing mess I was the other night I was much more sure of myself.

"Hon, you know I have still been thinking about you threatening to spank my in front of Sarah.  I understand your point but the more I think about it the more I feel that it isn't right and I think we should take that idea off the table.  If you feel you need to spank me to make your point, then we can do that in private."

Perfect, I though.  that was an assertive, rational argument and I made my point well but still acknowledged and accepted her desire to use spanking as a way to get me to behave better.  I figured she would have no rational response to this and we would end this once and for all.

She looked at me and calmly replied, "You know, while we are on the subject I probably should warn you.  If I were ever to find out that you cheated on me with another woman, I would strip you completely naked, drag you out into the front yard and spank your backside with a belt until you were black and blue.  I would then leave you on the porch naked and crying for the whole neighborhood to see."

The reply shocked me of course and the thought of her actually doing that terrified me, but what bothered me more was the accusation.

"I would never cheat on you and you know that.  Why would you even think I would cheat on you?"

She smiled at me, "I know you would never cheat on me and I would never cheat on you.  But I think I just made my point."

I stared at her and realized what just happened and knew the words that were going to come out of her mouth before she even said them.

"When you sit here and tell me you do not want to be spanked in front of Sarah, you are essentially asking me for permission to be rude and disrespectful in front of her.  You know I would never strip you naked and belt you in the front yard.  You know that would never happen because you know you would never cheat on me.  You are a good man.  So when you sit here and ask me to promise not to spank you in front of Sarah, what you are really asking me for is permission to be rude and disrespectful when she is here.  Is that what you are asking for?"

"Well, no.", I replied.

"So we are right back where we should be.  You should have no reason to be worried about being spanked in front of Sarah.  You should be no more worried about this than being spanked naked in the front yard.   You can behave yourself and I expect you to behave yourself.  I will promise you that I will not trick you into a spanking in front of Sarah.  I will be patient and fair and make sure you get reasonable warnings that a spanking is imminent if you even start to get out of line.", she paused for a second.

"But, again, I want to be absolutely clear about this.  If you behave like you did last time, if you fail to heed warnings and continue to be rude and disrespectful I will pull your pants and underpants down right in front of her and spank you with the hairbrush until you are crying like any other naughty little boy."

I looked down at my feet in shame, so much for my well thought out argument.  Well it was clear.  The only options I had was to behave and remain spank free or fail in this challenge and suffer the consequences.  I nodded my head in acceptance.

"OK then.  Anything else you want to discuss?" , I nodded no.  "OK, then, let's put this out of our minds and try to go about our lives and hopefully your behavior will change and this will all be a memory we can look back and laugh on when we are old and grey."  She looked at me and smiled and then we kissed.

OK, so I really don't like the spankings.  I still have a lot of anxiety about the possibility, even if it is remote, of being spanked in font of Sarah.  Images of me with my pants and briefs around my ankles with Sarah staring at my shriveled penis still invade my thoughts.  While the thoughts of being belted in the front yard naked were scary, I know that it is never going to happen.  I know I will never cheat on my wife.  Still, I screwed up twice when Sarah was here and while I would like to think I can control myself, there is that little voice in my head that tells me old habits die hard.  A spanking in front of Sarah remains a very real possibility even if it is not likely to happen, it is not out of the question.  I really wish my wife would take it off the table, but I really do love this woman and look forward to getting old and grey with her.

Sooner or later the hairbrush and belt will be retired.  I just hope it retires before we do.  And I really hope Sarah never gets to see my tighty whities and little penis while my wife spanks me to tears like a naughty little boy.


16 comments:

  1. I wish you the BEST in your issue of self-control!! However, if Sarah is the type of person who just NATURALLY "rubs you the wrong way," why not excuse yourself to take a walk or at least get OUT of the house while she is there!! You know, certain temperaments just don't mix!!

    If I may be so poignant--what is it about Sarah that "sets you off"--her personality, HER rudeness toward you, her disposition, HER desire to aggravate you, or SIMPLY a dislike that you have for her???

    Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been asking myself this very question. Why does she bother me so much? I don't know. As for leaving when she is here? I am not always here when she comes over and sometimes my wife visits her, but my wife has already pointed out to me (although I did not share this with the blog until now) that running from a problem doesn't solve the problem. For example, if she is visiting for my wife's birthday, I want to be with my wife. My wife will not let me run from this forever. I will somehow need to make sure I can behave like a proper host when she is here.

      Delete
    2. Your blog has raised for me a number of questions:
      1. Can a spousal spanking relationship be both "abusive" and "consensual" at the same time? Or put another way, can aspects of it be "consensual" and other aspects of it be "abusive?'
      2. Can a consensual spanking relationship between two adults come with limits set by the spankee that the spanker must respect? Or does the consent of the spankee, once giving within any context, permit the spanker to choose the circumstances of all future spankings?
      3. Does a non-sensual spanking, once given, open up the possibility of implicit consent by the spankee for future spankings if the spankee does not verbally object to the initial spanking -- before or after the initial spanking?

      It seems to me that when a pair of adults agree to enter a spanking relationship, then there are a bunch of related questions that need to be addressed:
      1. What place does privacy play in this relationship? Does the spanker have a right to bring third parties into the relationship, as spectators, or to participate? Or must strict privacy be followed?
      2. What place is humiliation to play in the relationship? There is a wide range of possibilities here that need to be discussed and agreed to.
      3. Can a consent to be spanked ever be revoked by the spankee? If so, how? Can some aspects be revoked by the will of the spankee, without revoking consent of all aspects?
      Doug

      Delete
  2. My husband found out the hard way that what I say goes. He just has to test me. Well the first time he acted beligerent in front of my neighbor lady I took his pants down and put him over my knee and gave him a good bare bottom spanking. My neighbor found this very very entertaining as Robert kicked and cried like a child bawling his eyes out and begging for me to stop. Jan often reminds Robert of the episode and how well behaved he has become.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I should be grateful that I at least have been given fair warning. I would have been so humiliated if my wife did that without warning.

      I assume this was not the first time you spanked him?

      Delete
  3. I've read all your posts and can relate somewhat to your situation. My wife and I have been married for twenty years and she has been spanking me since one week before the wedding. This was before the internet (at least for me) so it was something I had no knowledge of or that it was something others practiced. I thought for years I was the only man in the world who was spanked by his wife.

    Like yourself, I did not initiate nor did I want to receive any type of punishment from her. Now, looking back, I realize it has made our marriage the happiest marriage either of us could ever hope for.

    One week, to the day, before the wedding (marriage #2 for each of us), we had made plans for a nice dinner and movie. I would be at her house at 6 and so we made reservations for 8. Just before leaving work a friend suggested we stop off for a drink at the local bar. I called and told her I had to work late but should be at her house by 7. She was disappointed but understood. Well, It was 7:30 when I showed up at her place with barely time to make it to the restaurant by 8. I could tell she was quiet during dinner but otherwise, nothing out of the ordinary. After dinner she said she didn't feel like a movie so lets just go back to her place.

    At her place she said we needed to have a talk. I thought "oh shit, what now?" To make a long story short, she had smelled the alcohol and knew I hadn't worked late. She said she didn't mind my stopping for a drink but she could not handle my lying to her. Of course I apologized but she said it wasn't fair to her and would not have another lying husband. (Her first was a doozy) She did not raise her voice nor did she become belligerent. Her speech was firm but loving. I felt like a complete jerk. I didn't realize just how much I had hurt her. It seems us men are like that. We don't take into account how our actions can actually make our women feel. After more heartfelt apologies she just put her finger over my mouth and said "It's ok. We're going to handle it now. Let me interject now that we are old fashioned. There had been no sex between us nor was there any until our wedding night.
    to be continued....Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. At that she stood up and said "let's go to the bedroom." Once there she sat on the foot of the bed and said for me to come there. I did and as I leaned to kiss her she undid the buckle of my belt. Thinking she maybe didn't want to wait another week and consummate the marriage then, I lovingly pulled her closer but she had other ideas. She pulled the belt out of my pants and then undid the hook and the zipper. With one motion, she pulled my pants down and had me over the foot of the bed with her hand in the small of my back bearing down with her full weight. I couldn't move. She then proceeded to stripe my ass with my own belt until it seemed I couldn't take another lick. Then she gave me about ten more. It hurt badly. I wasn't crying but tears had welled in my eyes. When she let me up she said now"we're going to talk". I was informed that I was the man of the house with all the things pertaining to being in that position. As the wife, she would not interfere with my leading nor buck my decisions. BUT as the wife, the weaker sex, she would see to it that I treated her with dignity and respect and could expect to get my ass reddened anytime I hurt her or made her feel disrespected. She said if I couldn't handle this arrangement that she understood and we could call the whole thing off. I couldn't believe what I was hearing but I was in no way going to go through life without her.

    Now, 20 years later she has wholeheartedly kept her end of the bargain. I have always complied, not out of fright nor feeling inferior in any way, but out of love and respect for her and her feelings. And over the years I have been "dusted"(her word for spanking) many times and every one well deserved. It is private between us and only her daughter, my stepdaughter knows besides us. (being 14 when we married it was only inevitable she would find out sooner or later )

    I've said all that to say this. Your wife loves you!! Get it? She only wants a good wholesome marriage with you and her spanking you for your shortfalls is a small price to pay for the happy years ahead. Stop analyzing things and move on with life. Accept her as she is. She is only doing what is best for herself, you, and the marriage. Love her for it.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim for writing such a detailed story. While I know you situation is different from mine, I am nonetheless curious. Did the frequency of your spankings decrease over the years as you "learned to behave"?

      I ask because my spankings are few and far between, but so far, they are still happening at the same rate. I would like to think that if I stick with this I will meet her expectations and like a child who matures, the spankings will become less frequent.

      Delete
    2. I was one of the people who thought that your lack of consent made the spankings your wife gave you abusive and when you resolved the issue in your own mind by consenting without consenting, I had no intention of writing again. But your reply to Jim raises an issue you should consider. When you say that the rate at which the spanking are happening hasn't changed, I wonder if it's not your behavior as much as your wife's need that causes her to spank you. Your wife sounds like a dominant woman with a strong need to control the man she loves and perhaps she just needs to demonstrate this at regular intervals. If I'm right, the good news is that by submitting to her spankings you are doing something that meets a real need of hers. The bad news is that your behavior may not be what determines when she spanks you--let's face it, any wife can probably find a "good" reason to spank her husband if she really wants to. This possibility may scare you; if it does I suggest you and wife work out a list of clear specific house rules, that would identify the specific behaviors that trigger a spanking. If your wife refuses to do this, it would probably tell you a lot.
      WP

      Delete
    3. Spankings have become fewer and farther between as my behavior has improved. Still, I do get spanked for things, as one reply put it, because she has become stricter with smaller things as the bigger things have for the most part subsided. I do not think it will ever end but that's ok too. It is a way of life and keeps me on my toes. The point is, it WORKS!! Just stop worrying so much and be thanksful that she loves you enough to spank and get it over with than to punish you in other ways as most wives do.
      As far as being spanked in front of her friend, just don't think about it. Worry helps nothing. It probably will never happen.

      Jim

      Delete
  5. Sorry, the more I read this the more I am convinced that like it or not, sooner or later you are going to be spanked in front of her friend.

    So, you better get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sincerely hope you are wrong. I am not prepared to be spanked in front of anyone.

      Delete
  6. Yes the spankings do decrease as your behavior improves but it is a slow process. When my wife started spanking it was almost weekly for about a year and a half then it dropped to once or twice a month on average (I am estimating). We have been married almost ten years and it is now four to five times a year. But it isn’t quite that simple because today I would be spanked for things that ten years ago I could get away with so gradually your wife will tighten her control as she get you under her discipline. The other thing that changes is that she spanks much harder than when we started. But your experience might be different. If you read Dianne’s blog she seems to have got her husband under control in a year or so and the number of times she has to spank him has gone way down. I think it might depend on how firm and consistent your wife is with you in the beginning. As I look back maybe if my wife had been more consistent earlier my behavior would have become more consistent too and the spanking I got might have been reduced. Your wife as you have reported seems very firm and consistent and I think that is in your favor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it seems I get spanked more for when I am remorseful or have failed to acknowledge my misdeeds, more than the actual offenses themselves. My wife does not appear to be making excuses. I have even yelled at her, but immediately apologized, no spanking. I have broken things in anger but acknowledged that it was wrong of me and was remorseful, no spanking.

      But, I failed to fill the car up with gas, when I was asked to do it, my wife took the car and ran out of gas. She yelled at me I yelled back that she should of checked herself when she got in the car. SPANKING!!! Well, I think I will take the time to write up the details on that story. Of course, now I realize the pattern. Back when I got spanked for this, I still did not "get it"

      Delete
  7. Mister spankie, I presume, you are quite the dude? Your wife has you in the nude, what will you do? Sarah's around,look at that tiny penis! It doesn't impress us at all? You have no balls to show and tell? I'm wondering if your even a fella, Mister "spankie" will have too wait and see what comes up? Maybe that twig between your legs, that's what us women said! Take care this is not the end? Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My wife gave me my first adult naked spanking over her knee on our wedding night before we made love. markiee

    ReplyDelete